Echo Show 8 | Stay in touch with the help of Alexa Charcoal fabric
- Alexa can show you more: with an 8" HD screen and stereo sound, Alexa can help you manage your day at a glance.
- Connect with video calling and messaging: call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device with a screen. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
- Be entertained: ask Alexa to show you TV programmes, films or the news. Listen to radio stations, podcasts and audiobooks.
- Control your smart home: voice control compatible devices, or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights and adjust thermostats.
- Make it yours: display your Amazon photo albums and customise your Home screen. Create morning routines to start your day.
- Made to fit your life: cook step-by-step recipes. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. Glance at weather and traffic on your way out.
- Designed to protect your privacy: electronically disconnect the microphones and camera with the press of a button. Slide the built-in cover to close the camera.
Great to play with and a Big, BIG Sound
Bought this instead of replacing my defunct electronic picture frame. Now I stream pictures from amazon photos and they look great on this screen. It's in the kitchen so great for using for the radio or internet but I'm finding the more I play with this, the more useful it is. I have Sonos speakers all over the house and can control them with a skill, which is great.
Alexa has some pretty impressive capabilities and one of them is keeping my kids entertained. We already had an echo dot before this but now we are starting to communicate around the house with Alexa.
Easy to install, easy to set up, easy to use. You get regular emails that inform you of new (and existing) ways to talk to her and get her to do things.
Absolutely fantastic value as far as I'm concerned
I've only known her for a few hours but I've fallen in love with alexa already!! This is a great piece of kit, that is linking all of my smart home plugs and lights and security in one place. I've not even started to scratch the surface yet of what it can do, but from what I've seen I'm smitten. The alexa concept goes well beyond a control device, and in the few hours I've had this up and running I'm discovering more and more of what it can do.
The set up took no time or effort - just be aware that when it comes to time zone it first asks you to confirm GMT, then it asks you again what time zone you're in. Keep scrolling down, GMT does show it's head again eventually.
Outside of that, the screen is large enough to see clearly from my dining area as well as my living area.
The sound for both amazon Music and radio is very clear (let's be honest, we're not talking studio sound here, it does what it needs to do with clarity and a good tone) and the audio responses are clearly spoken and easy to hear without having to have the volume up to max.
The only thing Alexa has baulked at so far for me was high water tide times, but that might have been the location I requested rather than a failure to understand what I was asking for. Overall, I'm incredibly satisfied with the purchase, and have no complaints whatsoever. This comes from me as a highly recommended piece of kit for the smart home.
Awesome hardware, apps need work
Just got this device. Very exciting to see Alexa technology with a responsive touch screen and a high quality speaker. If I ask to open Spotify it says the app is not available. But if I play Spotify on my phone I can select this echo show as the target and it plays instantly. Also tried prime video and the interface is less rich than other devices. So overall very promising.