Echo Show 8 | Stay in touch with the help of Alexa Sandstone fabric
- Alexa can show you more: with an 8" HD screen and stereo sound, Alexa can help you manage your day at a glance.
- Connect with video calling and messaging: call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device with a screen. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
- Be entertained: ask Alexa to show you TV programmes, films or the news. Listen to radio stations, podcasts and audiobooks.
- Control your smart home: voice control compatible devices, or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights and adjust thermostats.
- Make it yours: display your Amazon photo albums and customise your Home screen. Create morning routines to start your day.
- Made to fit your life: cook step-by-step recipes. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. Glance at weather and traffic on your way out.
- Designed to protect your privacy: electronically disconnect the microphones and camera with the press of a button. Slide the built-in cover to close the camera.
Best Alexa experience to date
This replaced my old dot which I could no longer stand its tinny sound.
Advantages over Amazon echo:
Sound quality is much better.
Sound levels are adjustable, bass, treble, miss which makes listening to talk radio more enjoyable, (reduce bass).
I can integrate more of my smart home into Alexa. Viewing my security cameras, video calling.
It's a digital photoframe.
It's perfect for helping with cooking recipes.
Shows me my family Calendar, which is already making me more organised.
I think the microphone is too sensitive, whenever I ask my other Echos a request my new show will also answer me as she has super ears.
The plug is pretty big.
Overall it has changed my life, saved me time and generally made me more comfortable.
This device does everything you want and more (quite literally). I've owned this device for two days now and in that time I have put it through its paces, testing out all sorts of features and uses that it has to offer. Needless to say I am not disappointed with it's ability to impress at everything I throw at it! Setting it up was a breeze. You simply get the device and a power cable and that's it. As soon as you plug it in you're all set to go after just a few simple steps. Alexa learns from you and how you use it so it will continue to get better as you use it and time passes. The only drawback is that there are some minor bugs that need working on but as with all new tech devices these are inevitable and I am sure that in time they will be ironed out. However, it is a simply brilliant device and now that I own an Amazon Echo, and now the Echo Show 8, I must say I prefer the Show as it can do so much more than the display-less alternatives. Highly recommend!
I got this to replace my 5” show as found that was too small.
This is a really good size, bigger than I thought it would be, visually there is not a huge difference between this and the 10”.
This is probably the best offer you are ever going to see on this device. It really is a must for all lovers of home gadgets.