TAPO P100 Mini Smart Wi-Fi Socket
- Remote Control – Instantly turn connected devices on/off wherever you are through the Tapo app
- Schedule – Preset a schedule to automatically manage devices
- Timer - Create countdown timer lists for connected electronics
- Voice Control – Manage your smart plug with voice commands via Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant
- Away Mode – Automatically turns devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home
- Compact Design – Mini-sized to avoid blocking adjacent sockets
- Easy Setup and Use – No hub required, set up quickly and manage easily through the free app
y to install and use
This is my first smart plug, and I was looking for something simple to use which didn't require voice integration (although could do so if required later).
I chose the Tapo because of the relatively small form factor, which enabled me to locate it on a socket where some of the larger plugs on the market wouldn't have been suitable.
Setting up the smart plug via the Tapo app on my WiFi (BT Smart Hub) was extremely simple - the app is neat, and allows for setting of specific schedules or timers if required.
In operation the plug has been perfect so far. I can remotely disable/enable the plug as required, and I've had no problems at all with lack of connectivity for either the plug or the app.
All in all I'm extremely happy with my purchase.
These TAPO smart plugs are easy to add to your network (via the TAPO app that you need to download on your phone). Integration is via bluetooth between your phone and the plug - you have to be right next to the plug for the phone to discover it. You can then use your Alexa app to add the plug as a new device.
I have three of these set up at home with lamps on each, and you can control power, routines, etc. through Alexa.
I've had the two plugs in the bedroom drop off the wifi and become unresponsive once, but you just reset by unplugging and re-plugging in. You can make any set up adjustments through the TAPO app.
Good value, easy to use and recommended.
Great Little Smart Plug
I bought one for to use on a lamp which is plugged in to a difficult to reach wall socket. I was impressed at the ease of getting it up and running via the Tapo app and with its Echo integration. I bought another 2 for the other lights in the room and i can now turn each light on independently or all of them as a group via our Echo which is rather neat to be honest.
The Tapo app also includes a timer and away function.