NEW Echo (4th generation) | With premium sound, smart home and Alexa | Glacier White
- New look, new sound—Echo delivers clear highs, dynamic mids and deep bass for rich, detailed sound that automatically adapts to any room.
- Voice control your entertainment—stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer and more. Plus listen to radio stations, podcasts and Audible audiobooks.
- Ready to help—ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, play the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices and more.
- Smart home made simple—with the built-in hub, easily set up compatible Zigbee devices to voice control lights, locks and sensors.
- Fill your home with sound—with multi-room music, playing synchronised music across Echo devices in different rooms. You can also pair your Echo with Fire TV to feel scenes come to life with home cinema audio.
- Connect with others—call almost anyone hands free. Instantly drop in on other rooms or announce to the entire household that dinner's ready.
- Designed to protect your privacy—built with multiple layers of privacy protection and control, including a Microphone Off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
Size: 144 x 144 x 133mm (5.0” x 5.0” x 4.7”)
Weight: 970 grammes. Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process.
Wi-Fi connectivity: ual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
Smart home connectivity: Built-in ZigBee smart home hub supports ZigBee light bulbs, locks, sensors, plugs and in-wall switches.
Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo or from Echo to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Direct control of BLE Mesh. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
Audio: 3” (76.2 mm) neodymium woofer and 2 x 0.8” (20 mm) tweeters.
System requirements: Echo comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa app is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices, and is also accessible via your web browser. Certain skills and services may require subscription or other charges.
Accessibility features: The Alexa app and Alexa-enabled products include several features for customers with accessibility needs related to vision, hearing, mobility and speech.
Setup technology Amazon: Amazon Wi-Fi simple setup enables customers to connect smart devices to their Wi-Fi network in a few easy steps. Wi-Fi simple setup is another way Alexa is always getting smarter.
Included in the box: Echo (4th generation), white coloured power adaptor (30 W) and Quick Start Guide.
Generation: Echo 4th generation (2020 release).
Privacy features: Wake word technology, streaming indicators, Microphone Off button, the ability to view and delete your voice recordings, and more. Visit the Alexa Privacy Hub to explore how Alexa and Echo devices are designed to protect your privacy.
Languages: Alexa speaks English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.
Great little speaker
This review is for the All-new Echo (4th generation) | With premium sound, smart home hub and Alexa | White.
I'm absolutely loving the new design, is it now a sphere and no longer a cylinder. Looks so much better and way more modern.
The sound quality matches, for a little speaker at this price the sound is fantastic. It was super simple to setup and provides room filling sound. The bass is also good but obviously not going to be ground shaking.
The feature are the same as all other Alexa devices, the biggest change I see in this device to the previous gen is the design and sound quality. Both well worth making the upgrade for.
Would defo recommend.
New and improved Alexa
The new echo is fantastic. The sound quality is noticeably better than the previous gen. It has increased depth of bass and reacts slightly quicker. The look has changed and it is a statement piece as well as a great bit of tech. We now have a previous gen echo in the playroom, one in the lounge and dots in two bedrooms, as well as the new echo in the kitchen.
If you are considering buying one, I'd say it's worth it. For sound, it's better, deeper, more atmospheric. For looks, it's different; bigger, but different in a good way.
Worthy successor to Echo and Echo Plus
The previous generation Echo Plus deservedly had a good reputation for sound quality, ease of use and value. With this new Echo, Amazon has take all the best bits of the Echo Plus (importantly including the feature of the zigbee hub)and included them in a new sphere shaped body as the standard Echo.
Set up was incredibly easy. Amazon had it already registered to the account and,as we already had Echo devices, it didn’t require any set up from us. Plug it in, use the Alexa app to tell it which room it is in and it was immediately working in all respects, controlling devices, playing music etc. We otherwise are wedded to Apple’s ecosystem but Alexa integrates just fine, playing Apple Music, accessing iOS calendar etc.
Audio quality is very good for size and price and, to our non expert ears, is perfect for an average room.
Heartily recommend this as either an introduction to Alexa or the hub to control all your Alexa compatible devices. Don’t think you’ll regret it!